April showers bring May flowers! Happy April ladies! Enjoy this wonderful interview with Jan Dickmeyer, a true #WeLoveLOGO lady with such beautiful energy in such a bright light. I had so much fun interviewing her! I hope you have a beautiful month! Sending you lots of love and light!
1) In a few short sentences, tell us little bit about yourself; Where do you live? Where are you from, etc.
I grew up in Fremont NE, just a few miles from Omaha. I graduated from Midland University with a degree in education and married my high school sweetheart 50 years ago. We raised 4 sons while moving around the country about every three years with IBM . ( I’ve Been Moved) 🙂 We currently live in Omaha for good…not moving again!
2) How and when did you first become excited about fashion?
About six years ago, I was channel surfing at bedtime. I had never shopped online for anything. There she was, this darling little blonde lady with red lipstick, wearing the lace tank, crazy chic shoes, duster and the coolest jeans. I really loved her and the feminine funky edge. At midnight, I placed an order and the rest is retail history – Lol!
3) What attracted you to LOGO in particular?
In a word…Lori Goldstein. Her unique style and personality attracted me.
4) Tell me some of your favorite things about Lori.
I love that Lori designs for every shape and size, and helps women to realize their own aesthetic potential with her amazingly flattering designs. The joy that she exudes is contagious and expressed in her clothing line. Who doesn’t need more of that?
5) What are some of your favorite pieces of LOGO and why?
Oh boy.. I like so many pieces and keep discovering more. I’m really a jean lady and I’m obsessed with Lori’s jeans. They look, feel, and fit like no other. The dusters are amazing and I think I own every form of marshmallow top, blouse, or cardigan she has designed! Lately I’m a tie dye fan and addicted to eyelet and the famous step hem! 🙂
6) When did you first become involved with the page and chatting with the ladies during the shows?
The first pic I posted was about 2 years ago. I remember it was my grandson’s high school grad party and I was #LOGOFIED! I had been enjoying the LOGO ladies’ posts and styling ideas I just decided to chime in!
7) You have so much wonderful energy! What’s your favorite thing about the We Love LOGO ladies and interacting with them?
We are women supporting other women through a common interest. I think we kind of fuel our mutual passion for fashion LOGO style. They are fun fashion lovers who take pride in what they wear. I’ve met so many lovely women who are interesting and individual in their personal style and attitudes. That’s just a beautiful thing!
8) Jan give us three “Fun Facts” about you?
1 – I love to decorate whether it’s for fashion, home, or food! ( not a hater just a decorator). 2 – I’m blessed with 12 grandchildren. 3 – I can tell a joke like a standup! Ha!
9) In one sentence, tell us how you feel when you wear LOGO.
When I wear LOGO I feel fabulous and confident that I’m pulled together no matter what the day brings. I’m in real good company with all the other LOGOnistas!
10) Jan, if you were introducing a friend to LOGO for the first time, what are the three things you would tell them about the LOGO world.
With LOGO, you’re always able to build on a quality wardrobe investment. Lori Goldstein creates clothing with all the connective ‘tissue’ built in – all of the design elements are there. She gives you the ‘high quality toys’ and you can sort and play out all the possibilities!
11) What are your favorite spring pieces?
My spring favorites are the slub tops, light weight tie die tees, and the eyelet step hems. They are all cut to perfection, flattering, and the colors are so fresh for springtime. My LOGO jean jackets get a real workout in the spring!